Thursday, November 13, 2008

Week 3 - My God Where Did They Come From

Lets just start out with the things I saw:

Moving:

Colpidium
Seed Shrimp
Halteria
Rotifers
Ameoba w/ tenderals
Cilliate - Blepharisma
Planerium
Gastrotrich
Soil Nematode
Cyclops

Non-Moving:

Diatoms - tan look like dead plants
Blue Green Algae
Mold
Cyanobacteria
Rhizoids

All the cool things from last week were still there, sans Halteria eating the Midge.

The Blepharisma I saw had food inside them.

I think they were eating blue green algae.










This a shelled rotifer, I wasn't sure if that was food or organs in the center, regardless it looks cool. I bet if I was transparent I'd probably treat my body a lot better.












Cyclops. In my week 2 observation. I said I thought that "Alien" and "Independence Day" got their idea by stick arms, legs, and guns on this thing.










There isn't really anything important about this except that this looks really cool because they are poking around the waterline.It really looks cool.







Looking forward to what next week brings.

No comments: